Saturday, May 03, 2008

Meeting Brent

Today, Daniel and I were ushers at a friend's wedding. I met one of the attendants whose name is Brent. For some reason, his face is familiar, as if I've seen him at local gay events in town. I kept noticing that he was a bit different. At the recieving line, I said hello and he replied, but in an odd way. He seemed very withdrawn and inward focused.

It then dawned on me that this guy probably has Aspergers or Autism.

A little while later, I noticed while others were chatting, he was busy at work with a crossword puzzle the bride and groom had made for people. It was interesting, because I can remember doing that myself in the past.

I could be totally wrong, but I might have met a fellow alien. Don't know if I will meet him again, but I do wish him well.

No comments: