Monday, April 28, 2008

Is Anybody Out There?

So, I still kind of praying about restarting Community of Grace.

Sort of.

I say sort of, because I have never been able to concentrate and pray. I start praying and then my mind races. Actually, my mind is always racing-hither and yon to distant thoughts and back again. But, I am trying to pray and seek guidance from God. I'm trying to find out if this is what I should do or seek some other way to do ministry.

So far, the signs aren't positive.

I've spread the word off and on about my plans and have heard nothing back from people who might be interested.

And then there is the nagging feeling that maybe leading something like this is not something I can do. I don't know if I have the skillset to be a solo pastor. I'm a better associate or team pastor than anything else. But those are few and far between.

I've been told that God is going to do something soon, that this moment is but a resting period. I guess I want to believe that, but part of me even wonders if I am called to ministry.

But enough self-pity. I just wish God said something once in a while. I am listening, you know.

No comments: