Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Sunday Sermon: July 29, 2012

“Left Behind”
John 6:1-21 and Ephesians 3:14-21
July 29, 2012
First Christian Church
Minneapolis, MN

I was never good at sports, but I tried anyway.  In high school, I was in cross-country and long distance track.  In the summer of 1984, the summer between my freshman and sophomore year in high school, I went with several of my cross country team members to a week-long camp at a state park in Northern Michigan.  We would practice during the day and the evening after dinner was on our own.  A few nights we would walk about two miles or so to lodge that had a large recreation room.  Most folks would play on the pool table or some of the other games in the room.  One night as we all gathered, I decided to leave the room for a bit to go to the restroom.  Most of the guys were talking to some girls who had showed up.  I didn’t think much of this as I left the room.

Keep reading...

No comments: