Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Focus...Focus...Focus

One of the things that kind of comes with the odd package that is me, is that I have a hard time focusing on things.  I space out a lot of the time, finding it hard to focus on the task at hand.  I seem overstimulated, not able to really filter things out.  This leads to me spending a lot of time just kind of flitting from one thing to another, my brain afire with ideas, thoughts and feelings.

I finding out that my inability to focus is probably part and parcel of me being autistic.  A fellow autistic blogger shares how her brain works and it reminds me of my own way of thinking.

If someone sees how I work, they might think I'm just wasting time.  But what they don't see is that I am being flooded with information and really don't have  way to tune it out.

I've been trying to use medication to help and it has helped a little bit, but the manic nature of my mind is still there and will always be there. 

If you're wondering how I am able to get to sleep with such a manic mind...well, that's another story.


No comments: