Monday, August 23, 2010

The Post Where I Say Hello

This is my first post on my new blog, A Pastor Named Questor.  For five years, I did my religious blogging over at Oscar the Pastor.  Then in 2008, I was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism and started blogging about autism as well.  After a while, it seemed that Oscar had outlived its usefulness, so I decided to start a new blog that incorporated talking about faith, talking about being gay and African American and about being on the spectrum.

And the result is this new blog.

So, what's with the name and the sharp-dressed robot in the header?  Well both come from my love of science-fiction television and being autistic.  Questor was the name of an android that was the subject of a movie called the Questor Tapes.  It was developed by Gene Roddenberry, the same guy that created Star Trek.  The movie was supposed to be the start of a new series, but it never turned out that way.  Throughout the movie Questor is learning what it means to be human.  He has a friend that is trying to help him learn the ropes. Questor is also someone that observes what's going on in life.

In some way, I've identified with androids and robots.  I'm constantly having to learn how the rest of the world operates and it can leave me at times confused about things.  And like Questor, as well as Roddenberry's other android, Data I do a lot of observation on what is going on.  In many ways, I'm still trying to figure out how humans operate and how to make my way in the world.

Which makes being an Associate Pastor really fascinating.

So, sit back and enjoy!

No comments: