Monday, October 10, 2005

Welcome!

Hello. I wanted to welcome you to my blog, Oscar the Pastor? First, a little about myself. My name is Dennis and I'm an ordained minister in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), a mainline Protestant denomination. I'm the co-pastor of Community of Grace Christian Church outside of St. Paul, Minnesota. Politically, I'm a moderate Republican involved with many moderate and centrist Republican groups like Log Cabin Republicans (I happen to be the president of the state chapter.) I also run another blog called the Moderate Republican.

Theologically, I tend to lean more neo-orthodox. That is opposed to fundamentalism, just so you know. Some of my favorite theologians are people like Karl Barth and Reinhold Niebuhr.

So, why the name Oscar the Pastor? Well, because I tend to be a bit of a curmudgeon and who is the most famout curmudgeon than Oscar the Grouch?

Anyway, I hope this blog will give you something to think about. Happy reading!

No comments: