Friday, April 26, 2013

Why Am I So Annoyed By Progressive Christianity?


Anyone who has read this blog over the years, know that I have a bit of a beef with Progressive Christianity.
While it might sound like I don’t like Progressive Christianity, or that I want to move to a more conservative denomination, let me reassure you, I’m not going anywhere.
The fact is there are many reasons that I like running alongside Progressive Christians.  I love their support of LGBT rights.  I love their concern for the marginalized.  I love that they want to really study the biblical texts.  It’s for all of these reasons that I’ve been a part of Mainline/Progressive Christianity for 20 years.  This is my home.
And yet, I want to some times scream at my fellow travelers for being self-righteous, hypocritical jerks.


Keep reading Why Am I So Annoyed By Progressive Christianity? 

'via Blog this'

No comments: